Do you have what it takes to become a dynamic leader and change not only yourself but the world?
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive leadership experience organized by Rotary clubs and districts where you develop your skills as a leader while having fun and making connections.
What are the benefits?
Connect with leaders in your community and around the world to:
- Build communication and problem-solving skills
- Discover strategies for becoming a dynamic leader in your school or community
- Learn from community leaders, inspirational speakers, and peer mentors
- Unlock your potential to turn motivation into action
- Have fun and form lasting friendships
RYLA events are organized locally by Rotary clubs and districts for participants ages 14-30. Depending on community needs, RYLA may take the form of a one-day seminar, a three-day retreat, or a weeklong camp. Typically, events last 3-10 days and include presentations, activities, and workshops covering a variety of topics.
Your community might host an RYLA event for secondary school students to hone their leadership potential, for university students to develop creative problem-solving strategies, or for young professionals to learn ethical business practices.
How can I get involved?
RYLA participants are nominated by local Rotary clubs. Contact your local Rotary club to find out more about RYLA events in your area, how to apply, and any costs of getting involved.
Are you a member or alumnus of Interact, Rotaract, or Rotary Youth Exchange? RYLA can reconnect you with Rotary. Attend a local, regional, or international RYLA event to continue building your leadership skills or volunteer as a peer mentor.
Want to organize an RYLA event?
Energize the next generation of community leaders through Rotary Youth Leadership Awards. Not only will RYLA help young people develop their potential as service-minded leaders, it will energize and inspire your Rotary club and challenge you to discover your own power to be an influential community leader.
- Provide an effective training experience for selected young leaders;
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth;
- Publicly recognize young people who are rendering service to their communities;
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth.;
- Create an encouraging, fun and supportive community of young leaders
- Enables every Rotary Club to acknowledge service to the community of two or more young people annually;
- Enthuses young leaders and provides them with enhanced leadership techniques;
- Exposes a large number of young people, their families and their peer groups, to Rotary ideals of Service;
- Is a complimentary program to other Rotary activities for New Generations and has been instrumental in the formation of Rotaract clubs;
- Leaders gain lasting friendships and memorable life-changing experiences